Sunday, October 6

New Girls & Gravel

Who would’ve thought we’d go from three dogs to five in a matter of weeks. Both girls are settling in nicely.
Lots of new things to be curious about. Kelli (New Girl) is fascinated with the dump truck pouring new gravel on our road. I’d help out, but I’m the only one of my neighbors without my own tractor.
Wasn’t long before Jenny (New New Girl) decided to come out and see what the fuss is all about. Being almost 12, and having been off the track for a long time, she’d seen lots of things in her lifetime, and quickly lost interest.
Kelli, on the other hand, just couldn’t get enough of the big noisy happenings on outside.
Kelli has been the big toy fiend, but Jenny had fun eviscerating the gorilla.
After Jenny was done, Kelli swooped in to complete the job.
A parting shot of Stanley. He had just returned from Beach Bound Hounds, and got his annual bath. He was tired from the beach and cold from the bath, so we covered him. You can see what made him so tired at Trina’s blog about Beach Bound Hounds.

11 comments:

  1. It's so interesting watching the newbies discover life after racing. What rocks their boat and what doesn't. I'm enjoying fostering and surprising myself by how I can let them leave! I didn't think I had it in me :)

    Love the cameo of Kevin! Jenny and Kelli have got sharing down to a fine art. I hope Stanley has dried out and warmed up by now. Bet he's glad baths only happen once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will love getting to know the new girls. Poor Stanley! A bath...yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Stanley! And poor Gorilla! I thought he'd always be around. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Kelli and Jenny found you. To give an older girl a home to end her days is such a fantastic thing to do. They are both lovely and remind me of Polly.

    Hope you were able to save the gorilla:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Kevin stays safe and doesn't end up like the gorilla. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see a lot of toy purchases in your future now the new girls have arrived!
    Looks like everyone had a fun time at the beach.
    Kelli is so cute and curious about everything. Cheer up Stanley, ours hate baths too.
    Lynne and the Chewies x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gorilla was in danger of losing more than his stuffing! I love the picture of the red blanket warming the freshly bathed hound. So very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue and Bettina get an annual bath at our rescue's open house to! I'm sure they can commiserate with Stanley. Except their baths happen in June and not October.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have to new members of the family, many congratulations, shame about the toys LOL. Love the collars. Loads of love and hugs to you all.

    sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOODNESS da New Girls is BEAUTIFULS! They is really gonna loves their new home...so much love in dat house!
    Stanley, dud I sympathize with you.
    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love watching my hounds watching things! Kelli is cute, Jenny is beautiful, but Stanley is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete