Sunday, March 17

Jaime's Ramp

Jaime catching some sun on the deck. Laying like this does make it a bit harder for her when getting up.
What are you waiting for Jaime?
Oh, I see. They’ve only partially completed the deck after Day 1.
When the ramp was completed. Stella, being a considerate big sister, tested the ramp to make sure it was ready.
Ok Jaime, you can come down now.
Stella: It was easy coming down. Now how do we get back up?
We also had a new storm door with a doggie door put it. Blue loved it, and kept going in and out. Freedom. No longer waiting for a human to open the door.
Blue liked it so much he didn’t give anyone else a chance to use it. Poor Stella was traumatized, and didn’t want to use the door after this.
Jaime had no problems using doggie door, so with the ramp installed, she can now make it to the yard without supervision.

13 comments:

  1. The ramp looks really good! Jaime is so funny! Are there any cats in your area? Make sure they don't sneak in through the flap at night!
    Have a great week!
    Pippa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful ramp! I have to show this to my husband. I have "mentioned" to him that "we" should be looking into doing this too. It looks so sturdy and not too steep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a nice ramp! I hope Stella recovers and is able to use the dog door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind to make life easier for Jaime. She seems to be doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! The ramp looks awesome! I think Casper would be fascinated with the door like Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think you are going to have to instal traffic lights:) Hope you don't get any other critters using the doggie door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie will find it much easier with the ramp, Stella is like her own little nurse :)
    Looks like someone is loving with the new door, lol.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great ramp. We have a dog door in the garage which has never been installed. So far, no good place to install it as the back door which goes to the fenced yard is all glass. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that Jaime is coping well. Give her a big kiss from me. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a GREAT ramp! If we ever move to a place with steps to the 'yard' I want you to come and build us one, too!

    Dog doors look like a great addition, but I'd worry about criminals getting in. Over here, greyhounds and lurchers are prime targets for dog thieves, unfortunately. Never mind the TV and stereo - or even the computer - if they took my dogs I'd be devastated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ramp. Could you tell me the construction details? My old lab cant walk steps any more and the deck is 5ft off the ground. I have been trying to figure this out for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I know nothing of the construction. We had someone come build it for us. I'm not that handy.

      Delete