Sunday, April 22

Go Take A Hike


After reading about the fabulous hikes taken by Bunny and Hiking Hounds, we decided that our geriatric crew could go on a little hike at a local park, Alum Springs Park.
I wanted to get a pic of Stella next to the stream, but she wouldn’t stand still for more than a second when I tried backing away for a shot, giving a slightly skewed perspective
Stanley said he would patiently wait for us while laying on the comfortable root-strewn trail.
After one shot, Stella was done, and headed back to the pack.
I tried to to get the kids lined up for a shot. Didn’t go so well.
Unless I was going for the 3-rump shot.
After that fiasco, the kids were eager to get back on the trail.
Unlike the greyhounds, Parker stood nicely for his pic when I placed him on a little ledge.
After a bit of hiking, Stella finally realized that we didn’t come to dump her off in the woods, and allowed me to step away for a shot.
We had been at the park for a couple of hours. More than enough to send them into a coma till dinner time.

14 comments:

  1. That looks like a really nice park. It looks a nice time was had by all. I love when my greys are tired after a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that activity done wore the hounds out! I think the pictures are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice park. Love the rump shot, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely place for a hike. Stanley didn't seem to mind all the roots he was laying on and I think the rump shot is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are adorable. I too am a big fan of the group "rump" shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like they had a great time! I think the trick is to have something more interesting closer to the camera where you want them to look than to have it on the other side! lol

    I'm so excited that you're going to be at GIG! I don't want to miss you on the day that you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, what a nice hike. The three rump shot is great. I'm glad Stella figured out you weren't dumping her. ;-) Looks like a really nice park. Tired hounds are good happy hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, these dogs are so lovely, cute! Amazing breed, I love that one!

    Greets,
    Holiday Rentals Saas Fee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just say... lovely bums! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walking away from our two wouldn't go over so well either! At least they have cute rumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hike looks so peaceful with your wonderful kids.
    I agree, getting more than one dog organised in a photo is a tricky business!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha..that is what mine would do as well..just turn their butt to me and stare at the rocks. too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab photo's but the one of the 3 bums is hilarious !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I didn't have Frankie I could take Beryl hiking. He'd pull me over a cliff before I knew what was happening! That looks like an awesome place to hike. And, of course, the three rump shot is my favourite too:)

    ReplyDelete