Sunday, January 28

First MnG of the Year, Fosters Jassy and Roady

        We had our first Meet ‘n Greet of the Year. It was held at a brand new PetSmart in Fredericksburg. We had quite the turnout with about 20+ greyhounds. I love the fact that we always have a great turnout. I think it’s because it’s as much a meet ‘n greet for the furkids as it is for the humans. Of course I forgot to take my camera with me. Trina brought hers, so she has a couple of pics on her blog, Fastgreyz. Here is one of those pics of my Stella and Lucas. Some people think we are being cruel by putting a hat on Stella. Unlike Lucas and Parker who actively try to remove any headpiece we put on them, Stella will actually seek you out if you are holding one of her hats.
        We went from zero to two fosters in one weekend. We got Jassy Gal on Saturday. She’s a sweet girl. Kinda built like our Lucas. Stocky body with a big head.
She’s just come around to using the dog beds. Not quite to the stage of squeaky toys. She has a serious case of happy tail. Both Stella and Lucas have broken their tail and sprayed blood everywhere from too much happy tail. She was just spayed this past week, so I’m sure her personality will change as she starts to feel better.
        Our second foster, KB’s Road Test was a surprise. He had also come up over the weekend, but his foster home decided they couldn’t foster more than a day. So off he comes to ‘Hotel Park’. He is quite a handsome fella. Also very rambunctious. He always seems hungry. He’s either countersurfing for food or sticking his head in other kids bowls after he’s done woofing down his food. He will be going on a home visit this week, so he may have a new home by the time I get back from my week-long meeting in Orlando.
        I will be in Orlando all week. Just minutes from the Sanford-Orland track and GPA rescue kennel where we get our dogs. But I hear that they have after-hours activities planned for us every day. So probably won’t be able to sneak out to watch the doggies run. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. re: hat -
    someone was a classy parisian flapper gal in a previous life.

    re: ears -
    LOVE THE EARS!

    ReplyDelete