Sunday, October 14

Fredericksburg Dog Festival


Last weekend was the Fredericksburg Dog Festival. Kris took Jaime and Stanley in the morning. I opted for the afternoon shift. This is what I found when I showed up with Stella and Parker. Face-Paint girl was quite happy to snuggle with Breeze.
Actually she was in a Phoebe-Breeze sandwich.
There were so many breeds of dogs. Even some Mini-Me’s.
Dip’s distant American cousin is not impressed with being in the ring for dog tricks.
Even less impressed to be placed in a stroller with a kitty.
Being in a stroller must be the trendy thing.
Parker was greeting a couple of Boxers, but then they all got distracted by group of dogs walking by.
Doing her best impression of the poster.
Definitely does not smell like a butterfly.
I watched for a few minutes while his daddy tried to convince him that the plastic bag was worth chasing.
All it took was throwing in his two brothers.
Leonberger, meet the greyhounds.
Stella is tired of standing on her feet, and wants a pair of Five Fingers of her own.
The Festival closed an hour early as the wind gusts started and the sky darkened.Jaime was happy to recuperate on the couch after pulling a double shift.

11 comments:

  1. This looks like loads of fun. What variety.

    Next year, we'll skip Dewey (I'm sad), but only because we're going to try Grapehounds in New York. Funny, I always felt like I had plenty of vacation time until I got greyhounds. Now I need more so I can hit all the events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that looks like a blast! I didn't even know that Fredericksburg had a Dog Festival! So many adorable dogs!!

    Smileys!
    Dory and her Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great fun. I think it's fab that dogs of all breeds canmix together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have events like this near our neck of the woods. They look like so much fun for owners and dogs alike:) Frankie would probably burst with excitement, lol. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lot of fun! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a great day out! Love all the photos, the top one is so awwww. Ha! Imagine seeing Dip's long lost cousin - funnily enough, Dip did used to be a showdog, we didn't get her until she was 20 months old, but I think she was more than happy to go into retirement.
    I have never seen a pushchair for dogs before, you would get some pretty odd looks here in Yorkshire :)
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun day out! Too cute of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your festival looks like a lot more fun than ours! You got some fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The timing has still never worked out for me to attend that event yet! Thanks for the comments on my blog. You've probably used that lens before, but you are welcome to try it out on Sunday at the picnic if you want!

    ReplyDelete