Saturday, April 11

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Since Trina and I have lots of the same pictures, I will try not to duplicate her NYC blog entry. She is right that we went to NYC to eat and drink interspersed with sightseeing.
If you squint, you can see the Statue of Liberty in the background. I came into the U.S. via Seattle, so no Ellis Island for me.Trina & Kris snugging with the Wall St. Bull.Kris couldn’t resist feeling up this red cube sculpture.Kris gets a bit teary at the photo wall in the World Trade Center Memorial Museum.This looks like a tasty beer made by the local Heartland Brewery.We polished off some Peking duck along with some noodle soup. Really hit the spot after walking around sightseeing all day.We managed to make sense of the NYC subway and not get lost.We got an upgraded room, and it was still tiny. Wonder what it takes to get the Penthouse room at the W Hotel across the street.Waiting at the bar at Frankie and Johnnie’s.Jason managed to kill his T-Bone.The girls play drunken rock, scissors, paper at the Hilton Garden Inn bar at Times Square.Getting the royal treatment at FAO Schwartz.A required touristy shot at Rockefeller Center.The Apple Store Mothership. I could spend all day in there!Miche and Tim join us for a drink before we got to Gordon Ramsay at the London for dinner.We did a farewell walk through a sliver of Central Park before getting in the car to head back home. Just like I imagined. Joggers, horse-drawn carriages, and hot dog carts all in one place.

5 comments:

  1. so how long were you in the mothership? don't tell me you didn't go in at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time this blog got posted! The pics are great, you guys look like you had a fantastic time; I'm so jealous! Drunken rock,paper, scissors....that made me laugh.

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need the miche and Tim photo! Thanks for posting the rock, paper, scissors routine..classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the MOTHERSHIP! I WOULD be in there all day! I don't know if Kevin would even LET me in there cuz he would know he would cease to exist! I've yet to tour New York City and your pics make me want to! Looked like a lot of fun! you guys are always doing such fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing the nuances you can find in Rock Paper Scissors after a few hours in a bar! It looks like a fantastic time -- and having been newly assimilated, my resistance in the Mothership would be futile!

    ReplyDelete